IN CARE: the provision of a range of residential developmental intervention programmes to XXX children and youth addressing their physical, emotional, psychological, educational and spiritual needs under the care and protection of the Organization as decreed by the Children’s Act.
- To provide reception, care and stabilization programmes to street children so that they can be withdrawn from street-life and begin a process of rehabilitation leading to full inclusion in society in the future.
- To provide a nurturing environment that meets the basic needs of every child under the care of equipped and capable child and youth care workers.
- To ensure that every child is protected under the legal framework of the country.
- To ensure that all children and their families interface with social work professionals who offer care, empathy, speedy and appropriate interventions.
- To deliver psychosocial services through counseling, family meetings and panel discussions, allowing for child participation, resulting in a written care plan and individual development plan for every child.
- To deliver programmes that target the needs of children with severe conduct disorders who require specialized attention. This includes children in conflict with the law, at risk of conflict with the law and those involved in drug abuse.
- To provide access to appropriate education programmes leading to inclusion in basic education or the development of skills that link young people to economic opportunities and independence.
- To render family reunification programmes drawing families together and preparing the way for full reintegration to the community.
- To advocate strongly for the protection of the rights of street children and other vulnerable groups especially those with severe conduct disorders so that there is an improved and professional response to the needs of these vulnerable groups.
- To coordinate, guide and lead other residential and developmental services in the sector through collaborative efforts to develop capacity and enable professional programme delivery to vulnerable children and youth across the country.